I teach this technique to my Reiki Level One students and we practice for a 21 day period after they receive their Reiki Level One attunements. We sit together (virtually) once a day for five to 15 minutes focusing on the Reiki energy. It is also beneficial to do this every day; even beyond the initial 21 day period.
To practice this technique, you must be attuned to the Reiki energy by a Reiki Master Teacher. If you are, play and have fun with it. Experiment with different additions such as music, mantras and using the Reiki symbols. Be creative and listen to your intuition as to what you most need during each meditation session! When your mind wanders, simply bring your attention back to the Reiki energy coursing through your fingers.
Steps for Gassho Meditation:
- hands in prayer position at the heart
- close your eyes
- breathe in the Reiki energy through your nose
- exhale it through your whole being; physical body, spiritual body, mental body and etheric body
Some variations you may wish to try during different sessions:
- draw the power symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- draw the mental/emotional symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- draw the master symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- draw the distance healing symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- listen to soft, inspiring music
- chant a mantra
- write a goal and ask for clarification to come to you through the sitting session
- ask for guidance to come to you about an issue you are currently experiencing
- visualize the Reiki energy flowing through every cell in your body. Feel it flowing out around you in your chair. As you continue to breathe, feel it flowing into the room and then the residence you are in, filling it with Reiki energy. Feel it intensify as the Reiki energy flows outside onto the property and beyond into the neighborhood. See it filling the region in which you reside and then beyond into the country, then whole globe and finally out into the cosmos. I teach this technique during the Reiki Level One class.